PDA

View Full Version : Bluemotion Polo

Tariq Malik
27-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Being a newbi can't post in the other forums, therefore, trying here.

We went to local VW dealership at Bilston Rd, wolverhampton today and inquired about Polo Bluemotin 1.2 TDI as the scrappage scheme is ending on 31/03/10 and we have a more than 10 years old Honda that we want to trade in.

The dealer said they haven't received any dates as yet about the actual launch, whereas, I have seen another post by Stuart saying the bookings have started for that model.

I think the dealership at Bilston Rd are not very much helpful as the sales person wasn't helpful at all. Now planning to try Birmingham as that dealership is comperatively large.

Does anyone have more info about Polo Blue motion?

Regards

Malik

bora23
28-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Being a newbi can't post in the other forums, therefore, trying here.

We went to local VW dealership at Bilston Rd, wolverhampton today and inquired about Polo Bluemotin 1.2 TDI as the scrappage scheme is ending on 31/03/10 and we have a more than 10 years old Honda that we want to trade in.

The dealer said they haven't received any dates as yet about the actual launch, whereas, I have seen another post by Stuart saying the bookings have started for that model.

I think the dealership at Bilston Rd are not very much helpful as the sales person wasn't helpful at all. Now planning to try Birmingham as that dealership is comperatively large.

Does anyone have more info about Polo Blue motion?

Regards

Malik

According to what car....

Europe’s greenest car will be blue. Volkswagen’s Polo Bluemotion, which goes on sale in May 2010, will exhale just 87g of carbon dioxide for every kilometre you drive, and return up to 85.6mpg. That’s cleaner than the Pope’s freshly laundered robes, and makes the saintly Toyota Prius and Honda Insight hybrids – both the wrong side of 100g/km – look comparative sinners. The Polo Bluemotion will cost around £12,000.

The Polo BM has a 74bhp 1.2-litre diesel engine. Then fuss over the aerodynamics like an FIA appeal hearing. So the engineers lowered the standard five-door by 10mm, filled in the central grille, and fitted slippery new front splitter and side skirts. Low rolling resistance rubber wraps around 15-inch alloys, while the visor from ‘50s robot Gort doubles up as a rear spoiler and trips off air. All this reduces drag and therefore consumption.

Two more techy touches move on the Bluemotion game. A stop/start system nullifies the engine at standstill, and a smart alternator captures disippating engine and brake energy to charge the battery. VW claims these two developments save 0.25 litres per kilometre. The manual gearbox also has longer third, fourth and fifth gear ratios, although you’ll find using overdrive a rare treat if you’re restricted to urban driving

elitedetailer
28-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum!

Regards
Elite Detailer Team :beerchug: