PDA

View Full Version : Bora TDI door cards

redtony
20-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Ello all

Rear speakers arent seem to be working in my Bora, checked the CD-Player connection all fine like.
Anyone had this problem?

Also is there a guide to taking the door cards off.

Thanks in advance

Eshrules
21-05-2007, 12:41 AM
without trying to sound belitteling, have you checked the balance settings on your radio? could be something that simple, all sound may be balanced to the front.... seems strange that neither speaker is working

redtony
23-05-2007, 02:07 AM
yep checked all radio settings

is there a guide or post on how to take these door cards mainly rear door cards off

Col
23-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Probably not working as you have none ?

What model is your Bora ?

Also a Haynes manual is very good for showing you how to remove trim etc, lots of piccies etc and about £18 from Halfords.

bora(ing) nick
23-05-2007, 01:02 PM
I was about to say the same thing.... My Bora is the SE model (or S) cant remember now, and it doesn't have rear speakers.....

I've ran cables from the stereo down the centre console by the handbrake, and then under the carpet into the boot...

I now have a set of decent 6 x 9's installed under the parcel shelf that cant be seen, but sound very bassy...

With regards to the door cards.... it's not that hard a job, there are hex-head screws all round the perimeter or the door card, and 2no. philips head screws under the handle.... Plastic lid just pulls off, mine was v.tight...

Then just disconnect the electric window from the switch, and un-hook the door handle cable and it should come off....(lifts up at the top where it meets the window)

Now once thats off theres another metal sheet which mounts the window runners and the motor... if you take all the philips head screws out of this and unstick the black gooey stuff at the edges, this will move a little, just enough to get a speaker in....

Hope this helps

Nick

steviestdi
21-11-2007, 08:36 PM
would the wires be in the rear doors for speakers?
i've a 03 bora 's' it doesnt have speakers in the rear doors?