PDA

View Full Version : remap problems. help!

M4YTY
20-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi, i am after some advice. My friend has the necessary software to remap cars. He has done plenty of audis and skodas with no probs. When we tried to do mine tonight it wouldnt work You have to pull a fuse to disable the instrument cluster when the ignition is on, before you can read the ecu. Problem is, None of my fuses disable the display. Found the fuse that turns the mileage part of the dash off, but when the ignition is turned on it comes back on. Car is a 2003 passat TDi 100bhp. He is using KWP2000 system. Please help. Thanks in advance for any advice Matthew

guyg
20-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Found this: http://ucables.com/ref/KWP2000

About 1/2 way down, the diagram for VAG suggests removing 2 fuses...

Let us know how you get on...

Cheers,

Guy

M4YTY
21-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks for that but i have given up. Phoned Jason at chipped uk in birmingham today. It can't be done with my pals equipment. Says Passats are a pain to map. He did me a deal i couldnt refuse so its booked in for saturday. Im sure the 4 hour journey will be well worth it. Il put a post up on saturday when i get back and let everyone know the outcome. (if i havent been banned time i get back!) :biglaugh: !!!Roll on saturday morning!!!:biglaugh:

MATTY

norchip.co.uk
21-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I did tell you:D

devonutopia
21-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Hmm - This is one lesson for those who try to DIY remap. No way would I entrust myself to try and map a car when I can pay someone £400 odd for a really good map. I'll probably end up costing myself £4000 in engine repairs if I tried to do it myself.

Mine's going in the garage tomorrow for 4 days to get mapped. :D

M4YTY
21-05-2007, 10:07 PM
u did norchip. Il give you that. Thanks for the help guys. Just thought it would be even better if i could get it done for nowt. I had thought about the consequences but i was like a kid in a sweet shop. Cant wait for saturday.!

Is this your 300bhp goal remap devon? Id like to see it go when its done!. Will be awsome. Im sue il be happy with my 145ish bhp for now. I was seen off by a 1.4 corsa the other day. Thats when i knew i needed a remap. Been resaerching and debating for ages now. Time to cough up!

devonutopia
21-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Is this your 300bhp goal remap devon? Id like to see it go when its done!. Will be awsome.

Yes - Although it won't run at 300 all the while - That will be with Nitrous which I would only use on special occasions. ;) It will probably be around 270, running on diesel and LPG. (lpg = 40p a litre, NOS = £6 a lb :Blush2: )

M4YTY
21-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Sweet