20-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I'VE JUST ORDERED A PASSAT SPORT 170 PS WITH OPTIONS AND THE
DEALER HAS SAID IT WILL BE A 2008 MY,MY QUESTION TO THE FORUM IS
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT THE CHANGES MIGHT
BE!(DEALER SAYS THERE ARE CHANGES)REGARDS SJM:1zhelp:

passat170
25-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi,
Be very careful and check the spec carefully!
I ordered my Passat SEL TDI 170 DSG in May 2006.
And then came the spec changes but they were spec reductions!
The active headrests were no longer and a new acronym WOKS was introduced. The dealer tried to convince me they are still active headrests but they are not, they are just reprofiled to reduce the distance your head can flip back in the event of an accident.
The option with electrically folding door mirrors and auto dimming door mirrors became electrically folding door mirrors and auto dimming drivers door mirror.
The double sun visors originally specified (one half opens to shield the sun from the side, the other half remains in front of the driver) became normal single sun visors.
So these spec reductions were cost savings for the manufacturer.
I complained about the spec reductions and the dealer fobbed me off.
I complained and complained again to VW UK, they always quote "prices and specifications may be subject to change", and eventually I accepted a £200 refund.
As far as I was concerned I had ordered a specific spec and they should deliver no less (for example how far does this go if they run out of alloys on the production line and fit steel wheels is this ok?).
The dealer then tried to give me £200 credit for future servicing and, after yet more complaining, I managed to get £200 in cash refunded.
So the story is..... be clear on the spec you have ordered, don't accept any subsequent spec reductions and complain like hell if anything changes to their benefit and not yours!
Cheers,
Jonathan

Flash2
25-06-2007, 10:18 PM
The 2008 models now come with an MP3 CD player. There used to be a luminous handle in the boot that was used to release the boot lid if the central locking failed. I notice that has gone on the new models.

Jim.

passat170
26-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Hi,
Please check the cruise control to see if it has the same fault as my 170 TDI has had from new and let me know (you can see my posting in the Passat - B6 Forum).
I hope it doesn't!
Many thanks,
Jonathan

Quatrelle
26-06-2007, 11:46 AM
June 2007 and we're already speccing for 2008 - no wonder there are differences on delivery!

Mine's a Dec 2006 French 'Confort', which I think equates to the mid-range UK model, and its spec was all over the place, but the dealer juggled the figures and I felt I'd got a good deal so went with it. However, it does have 'double' visors and a luminous handle in the boot - wow!

Black
19-07-2007, 08:33 PM
The dash trim is changing slightly in the 2008 MY. The strip through the dash is now matt aluminium.

If you look on the German VW website (link below) for the brochure you will see the changes.

https://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/de/dialog/media/brochure_pdf.Par.0153.File.pdf

As usual VAG UK have updated the price lists but not bothered to update the picture in the brochure!

eob
16-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Hello all,
I took delivery of a 57 2.0tdi SE on Thursday.
It is a company car and the only option I requested was the comfort pack so that I could have dimming rear view mirror and auto wipers but I was pleased to find that it also came with auto lights and front and rear parking sensors.
I did notice that the split visors were missing but one option that I am annoyed has been removed is the cooled storage under the armrest.
I also thought that there was the facility to be able fold the rear seats by pulling a lever in the boot, but I may be mistaken.

robertk
16-09-2007, 03:09 PM
I see in the German brouchure that the Cruise Control is back on the light-lever instead on it's seperate lever for cruise control.... but does it have the same function as the old, where you can increase the speed with with 10km/h for example.

https://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/de/dialog/media/brochure_pdf.Par.0153.File.pdf

//Robert

carl s
17-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Hello all,
I took delivery of a 57 2.0tdi SE on Thursday.
It is a company car and the only option I requested was the comfort pack so that I could have dimming rear view mirror and auto wipers but I was pleased to find that it also came with auto lights and front and rear parking sensors.
I did notice that the split visors were missing but one option that I am annoyed has been removed is the cooled storage under the armrest.
I also thought that there was the facility to be able fold the rear seats by pulling a lever in the boot, but I may be mistaken.

Is the cooled centre box an option? I thought it was standard but mine has the convience pack and comfort pack (I think) so I guess it must be part of one of those. Regarding the auto-dipping wing mirror, mine only has the drivers mirror doing this not the passenger, this is on a 2007 model.

Guess VW do it to keep us all on our toes...

sathound
17-09-2007, 02:54 PM
It's the glovebox that is cooled, not the centre console. The glovebox cooling is standard on all levels of trim according the the vw website Passat standard specification. As for the auto dipping "wing mirror" well I'm not sure about this at all. My auto dimming mirror is the rear view mirror, not the wing mirror!

Quatrelle
17-09-2007, 04:16 PM
..... As for the auto dipping "wing mirror" well I'm not sure about this at all. My auto dimming mirror is the rear view mirror, not the wing mirror!Would this be the wing mirror that 'dips' when reverse is engaged to give a better view of the kerb?

carl s
17-09-2007, 04:27 PM
It's the glovebox that is cooled, not the centre console. The glovebox cooling is standard on all levels of trim according the the vw website Passat standard specification. As for the auto dipping "wing mirror" well I'm not sure about this at all. My auto dimming mirror is the rear view mirror, not the wing mirror!

Ah so my cooled centre box (as well as the glovebox) must be an optional extra then. On my car the rear view mirror (inside) dims itself electronically, aswell as the drivers door mirror. You can tell the door mirror is dimming as it's one hell of a lot darker than the passenger one if there's a car with bright headlights behind me.

The passenger door mirror changes it's position when you put the car in reverse , pointing at the kerb. The salesperson said this was part of the electric seat memory pack, but I can't remember for certain.