PDA

View Full Version : Audi sound system (optional) VS B&O

erus
25-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm going to get a new Audi A4 1.8 S-line and I'm checking the optional extras at this moment. As I understand, the car comes standard with speakers and could be upgraded to Audi Sound System for like 300 euros here or to B&O for arround 1000 euros.

1). What's the difference between Audi Sound System and the standard one? I read that it come with 10 speakers, sub and amp, doesn't it ? So standard package has just 4 speakers and no sub? Does it worth the upgrade?

2). How could u compare Audi Sound system vs B&O? 700 euro difference is a lot.

Notice that I'm not willing to spend 1000 euros, I'm likely willing to spend the 300 if it worths it.

Thanks, George.

pitch3110
25-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I have the Audi system in mine, but not sure if it is standard or upgrade from SE.

Doing it again I would spec B&O.....but I am just a badge junky

ta

erus
26-02-2010, 12:24 AM
I have the Audi system in mine, but not sure if it is standard or upgrade from SE.

Doing it again I would spec B&O.....but I am just a badge junky

ta

you have a subwoofer at the back? if yes its possibly the audi sound system optional

didkobandita
26-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I have the Audi sound system in mine and yes there is a sub in the boot and an amplifier. I like it, the sound is good if have to make a choice again will take B&O. Overall the sound is great

xtremist
26-02-2010, 09:20 PM
B&O is the best part of mine ;)

Gary_W
26-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I have a slight fault with my B+O at the moment (Audi are onto it), but when it's working as it should it is an utterly stunning system IMO. I am hearing seperation between instruments that I have never heard in a car before. I love it and (if you are a music lover) it is well worth it.

Niko
28-02-2010, 05:55 AM
B&O is awesome, remember it was designed for the A4, a lot of techno junkies spent a great deal of time, effort and technology getting it right. If you can dem them both, you will definately appreciate the difference and it is well worth the extra investment. Enjoy your time in the car, particulalry if you like music!

AndyH123
28-02-2010, 10:27 PM
B&O is the best part of mine ;)

Seconded.

And I'm not sure I've had any visitors in the car who haven't commented positively on the quality of the sound system.

Eddo1968
01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I've had an A4 cabrio and an A3 with Bose and now an A4 with B&O. There is no comparison. The B & O beats it hands down.

I never believed that the sound could be so good with an iPod