PDA

View Full Version : Safety Recall on 2002 Passat

davieb
25-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Recieved a letter today from VW UK stating that my 2002 Passat 1.8T SPort is subject to a safety recall as they have identified, and I quote "that some Passats have clogged plenum chamber water drains, which may cause water to leak into the passenger compartment and the brake servo unit"

I knew that this was a common issue on the Passats when I bought it, Google it and any number of things come up.

Seem a little strange to issue a recal now after all these years with these issues on the Passats:confused:

Obviously I will be taking it in for the car to be checked, anyone else had a similar letter??

seagulls01
25-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks davie.
I've just got a used 02 Passat. After all this rain, this evening my rear pass footwell was 'swimming.

Any chance you could copy the letter from VW on this site?

Cheers

cazyp
26-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Phone VWUK with your reg no' and they'll tell you if yours is part of the recall. Some are and some aren't evidently....:confused::zx11:

MalcQV
26-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Phone VWUK with your reg no' and they'll tell you if yours is part of the recall. Some are and some aren't evidently....:confused::zx11:
Have you got a number?

seagulls01
26-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks cazyp
I did phone my local dealer. He took the chassis number and said mine wasn't on the 'wanted' list.