PDA

View Full Version : Turns over but Not Starting

r9mey
20-05-2007, 12:14 PM
hi

2004 beetle 2.0l

I have just had to replace the convenience module as I had various faults such as elec windows not working

I have tried to use an second hand one from a 2001 golf, the windows now work and after recoding the key with this unit the alarm and remote locking are now working they were not before.

But the car no longer starts, its turns over but does not fire, there are no fault codes using vag.com and there is a spark

Seems there is no fuel?

HELP please

Eshrules
21-05-2007, 12:47 PM
hi

2004 beetle 2.0l

I have just had to replace the convenience module as I had various faults such as elec windows not working

I have tried to use an second hand one from a 2001 golf, the windows now work and after recoding the key with this unit the alarm and remote locking are now working they were not before.

But the car no longer starts, its turns over but does not fire, there are no fault codes using vag.com and there is a spark

Seems there is no fuel?

HELP please

are there any dash lights? i can only think that the key is not coded to the immobiliser... did you do this?

the remote fob will work perfectly. however, the key has to be recoded to the immobiliser also.

if it is the immo to blame, there will be a flashing key light on your dash display, you should also get a message on your instrument panel (where you normally see the MPG) showing something like 'immobiliser activated'

r9mey
21-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Imob all ok
key light on display goes out no probs

the imob is coded to the main ecu which is still ok

the remote unlock apears to be coded to the conv' module which I have been able to recode to accept the original key

I have been speaking to guys today who suggest the fuel relay maybe shot or not being told to tigger?

Another says that any replaced module needs to be resoftwared by the main dealer ??

Any one confirm this

by the way where is the fuel pump relay what number is it
and is the fuel pump in the tank?

Thanks

Chris

r9mey
21-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi
a bit more info

I could not hear the fuel pump running so managed to track it down to the fuel tank
I connected a battery pack to the outside pair of terminals and the fuel pump started

with this running I turned the key and the engine started first go

So there is no power to the fuel pump

What would stop this

the fuel pump relay maybe?

Thanks

r9mey
26-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi
just thought i would update this

it turns out that prior to replacing the comfort module I checked all the fuses to see if any had gone thus causing the failure, in my carelessness I managed to move the fuel pump fuse to an adjacent spot, thereby no fuel pump feed , new fuse start first time!!!

phew!

on to the next problem

Chris