PDA

View Full Version : Quiz.. What's wrong here :)

Cavokk
24-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi fellow B8'ers.

Its time for a little quizz: What is wrong in the image of my B8 (apart from lefthand drive :D)

Cheers

C

PS - Picture is taken in my car

Gary_W
24-02-2010, 10:46 PM
It would seem like you have a choice of two sets of controls to operate the MMI, which is just as well - it'll take your mind off not being able to adjust the aircon :)

mkc
24-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Such a poor photo, difficult to say. Two lots of controls for the MMI, wrong seats, dodgy wooden trim :D and a weird gearstick?

Cavokk
25-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi

- Yes its a bad photo taken at night with my mobilephone ;)

Unfortunately I did'nt get the chance to order MMI 3G and I was tired of the bad placement of the controls so I bought a new MMI control console for a little retrofitting project :)

And that leads to my question on how to interface that. as far as I can see there is two options:

1) Hard wiring all the buttons and switches to replace the existing ones in the dash. - That offcourse involves a lot of wirering and soldering which I as an electric engeneer can do in a weekend. This involves breaking the Concert radio and the MMI console apart. (there is only one single connector on the MMI console)

2) "just" connect the single connector on the new MMI console to the CAN (comfort ?) BUS and hoping it will work :) I am not aware of the communication protocols involved and I am hoping some clever people can advice me here if its a possible way to go.

Thank you in advance

C