PDA

View Full Version : New Car Arrival-Right decision?

Ray69
23-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

I await delivery of my new car this Monday with slight worry! Did I make the right decision? I have pondered a very long time trying to decide what car to buy as replacing my VW Scirroco was going to take some beating. Best car I ever owned!! I required a more practical family car as ferrying my wife and small five year old plus friends were proving that a sporty three door was not the most pratical. Best leave the Scirocco to the single thirtysomething young person!! :Blush:

Anyways, I narrowed the choice down to two cars:

1. Passat CC GT TDI 170 Metallic Black,sensors,xenons,full leather,DAB radio

0r

2. Audi a4 S-line TDI 140 Red, xenons etc. basically evertything you get as standard for the S-line

I just need re-assurance that I have made the right choice? Photos/words of encouragement would help...:confused:

Much appreciated

Ray

shaggydancer
24-02-2010, 09:26 AM
You do not say which one of the two you chose :biglaugh:

I'm going to pick my CC up on Monday as well, hope you enjoy

gamichea
24-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Assume you've chosen the CC, you don't actually say! Assuming you have you've made the right decision IMO.

You can see my route to the CC in my signature below. I no longer think Audis are worth the premium in purchase or service costs. Like BMWs they no longer have the exclusivity a premium price should bring, particularly the A4 and 3 series. In my case CC build quality seems a step up from its 2006 B6 Passat saloon predecessor.

Leaving price aside I still find the A4 unacceptable, particularly in S-Line form because of its rock hard ride, and generally for its poor driving position arising from the pedal offset. If you want a harder ride the CC GT offers the choice via DSC which IIRR is standard on the Scirooco.

I was very happy with my B6 Passat saloon. The reasons for change were largely financial. I could have had the same sort of deal on another Passat saloon but the only way to get a spec.comparable to the now defunct Sport spec.was to go the CC route and I have no regrets. We (a retired couple) do not find the CC any less practical than the saloon. It copes with our considerable amounts of clobber and supplies for UK self-catering holidays and 2-3 week European jaunts so should cope with your family needs, especially with the rear doors.

Good luck! Let us have your views in good time.

Ray69
24-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Doh!!! :Blush2: Sorry, I did decide on the CC, the A4 was the second option which kept tempting me away....will be good to here your views once you collect yours on Monday too....will certainly forward my opinions on once i have a play around in it next week.... :biglaugh:

Thanks 'gamichea' for the re-assurance...your quite right...Audi prices have just gone silly for what you are getting....VW seem to have stepped up to the plate on quality, value for money! I had an Audi A3 Sportback a few years ago and when i changed to the VW Scirocco I was more than impressed with the quality and superior drive...shame about its practicality though!! :rolleyes:

Cheers guys

kennyboy
03-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm sure you've done the right thing Ray - the CC is better looking, much rarer and better value for money than the a4 in my view.

I think the cc is to executive cars what the golf is to hatchbacks - looks more expensive than it is and desirable without being too flash, a trick audi can't pull off these days (imo).

Ray69
05-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Cheers!!! I've had the car now since Monday and I think it was the right decision....I think I'm just in a transitional phase....coming from my Scirocco to the Passat CC is taking a while to get used too....not sure if I completely like the CC, especially from certain angles.. :S It drives well and the power is plenty, in fact not too far away from the Scirocco's output...not as nimble and responsive whilst corning or driving around roundabouts, a bit of understeer definitely!!
I sometimes think its a little too classy for me...a tad up market...but I guess I have to keep reminding myself that I changed for practicality...I loved the sportyness of the Scirocco and I feel myself wanting the CC to look a little like the same....probably asking too much I think....maybe a R-line body-kit make over might do the trick.... ;)

STEWY L
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
i agree with kennyboy, mind, i wish i was able to pick any new car!!!
i think the cc is a brilliant looking motor car and with the 170 it shouldn't disappoint.
enjoy it ray,enjoy it,
regards,
stewy.

Ray69
05-03-2010, 10:22 PM
....I know i'm extremely lucky to been able to pick up this CC from new so I guess I should not moan!!! :S I'm going to take it for a good spin this weekend and have fun with it...gonna also give it a good wash and a coat of McGuires wax... :) I am having fun with night-time driving though, my xenons bend around corners....freaky weird but cool.... :)