PDA

View Full Version : Possible to fit LED strip to Xenon headlights?

allanmb
23-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I am wondering if its possible to fit LED strip lights to my headlight unit? I have an A4 B7 with xenon plus headlights. A shop told me it wasnt but I cant see why...

Cheers
Allan

sooty
24-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi,
There is nothing stopping you buying the strips and opening up the headlight to install them... There is lots of people using them as Daylight Running Lights

allanmb
24-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I had a quick look at doing it myself but it appears I need to take off the whole bumper to do so. And then its a sealed unit so I would have to re-seal it afterwards. I wanted to check that it was possible before doing all this work!

Cheers

Issac Hunt
24-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Possible but not easy. Seen quite a few of these conversions across the internet.

kodkod.84
24-02-2010, 10:26 AM
You'd be better off getting strip LEDs like the Hella LEDayline lights.
http://www.hella.com/hella-uk-en/717.html

They fit on the lower grill and look very good- no idea of fitting them but a B7 around Coventry has them fitted and looks very nice.

allanmb
24-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I dont suppose anyone knows a garage that would fit them inside the headlight unit in the north east of england, do they?

Issac Hunt
24-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I doubt you'll find anyone who advertises this service. I bet most would be reluctant to attempt it. It will take a good few hours (so will be costly) and there is always the risk that the headlights break when they are opened - Would you be happy to pay for another headlight if they damaged one while trying this mod?

I reckon you'll have to DIY if you want this doing, or you might just get lucky and find a garage who will do it with no liabilty if the headlights break during the process.

allanmb
24-02-2010, 03:38 PM
I doubt you'll find anyone who advertises this service. I bet most would be reluctant to attempt it. It will take a good few hours (so will be costly) and there is always the risk that the headlights break when they are opened - Would you be happy to pay for another headlight if they damaged one while trying this mod?

I reckon you'll have to DIY if you want this doing, or you might just get lucky and find a garage who will do it with no liabilty if the headlights break during the process.

Oh well, I guess I will have to learn how to get the unit out then! I would buy new headlights unit but they are exceptionally expensive and I couldnt find one with LEDs and Xenon plus.

Allan