PDA

View Full Version : A5 folding door mirrors

j_ritchie
23-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I'm looking at buying an A5 sportback however our garage door isn't quite wide enough to fit the A5 in without folding the mirrors.

As folding mirrors is an option it is something I'm keen on having rather than folding them manually every time the car is taken in and out.

I have seen a few ex-demos which have all of the other options I'm after but none have the folding mirror option. We asked at the dealer and they said it can't be done after purchase and it is only a factory option. I find it hard to believe that this can't be done, surely it is just a matter of new mirrors with motors, a relay, some programming and possibly different switches on the doors (assuming the excisting loom already has the wiring).

Does anyone know if this can be done with the A5, is it actually so huge a job it's not worth doing or is the dealer just being a bit defeatist?

Unfortunately the pillar that seperates our 2 garage doors is structual so fitting a double door isn't just a quick fix with a large hammer!

Thanks

Justin

Issac Hunt
23-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Perfectly possible, but it isnt going to be cheap.

Your dealer wont even attempt it as it not an "official Audi retrofit". You'd have to DIY or find someone else to do the job other than an Audi dealer.