PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying an Arosa

bmwdumptruck
23-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi Guys.

My other half is thinking of buying a 1.0 Arosa as a small runabout to ease the mileage on our Sharan, and to teach the kids to drive in as they are getting to leaner age.

Any hints/tips on what to look out for please? Any common faults, problems we should know about?

Cheers.

al76
04-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Pedal boxes break where the clutch cable passes through. The clutch pedal will be low if it has gone.

arosa_rory
20-06-2010, 12:21 AM
As a panel beater painter I can reccomend things to look out for bodywork and structure wise.

Firstly I would look out for signs of rust around windows, wheel arches, sills and lower door skins.

I would then check to see if the panels all line up eye sweet especially the front as the arosa's can be quite easily made to look straight because of the nature of the front bumper with the grills.

have a look at the panels for signe of repaints etc. I know most cars on the road ( new ones aswell) have had some sort of paint repair. It's not an issue if a panel has been blown over but it could be hiding somethign nasty underneath.

As for mechanics I cant really advise much to you but hopefully somebody here could help.

Cheers

Crasher
20-06-2010, 12:30 AM
A horrid problem I have to deal with on the Arosa and Lupo is failure of the welds for the door check straps. Initially you (as a mechanic) think this will not be too much of a problem to re-weld but when you get in there you find to get at the check strap holder you have to cut through two box sections to gain access.

Gearboxes are fragile as on the Polo and the trim is a bit flimsy but by and large, not a bad car.

The 1.0L is dreadfully slow though.

Crasher
20-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Ahh, just noticed this thread was 16 months old...

arosa_rory
20-06-2010, 12:36 AM
The 1.0L is dreadfully slow though.

That's very true as I've learned lol

arosa_rory
20-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Ahh, just noticed this thread was 16 months old...

ah crap! lol

Crasher
20-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Ohh, no its not, I can't count! And I havn't even been drinking...:D