PDA

View Full Version : Question Does an A5 Front Grill Fit on an A4?

Bratty
22-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Found a website that does aftermarket front Grills, but they for some reason have every Audi except the New A4. Was on the look for the RS Style "Honey comb" look in platinum grey.

Is the A5 (S-Line) Grill compatible with the A4 (S-Line) Front-End?

Dunk

GKPOWERGOLF
24-02-2010, 07:44 PM
NO it doesn't.

Pete@ECSTuning
25-02-2010, 09:51 PM
We can get you some B8 A4/S4 grilles if that is what you fancy: Give us a click here and see what we have (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_A4-Quattro-2.0T/Exterior/Body/Grille/?salesrep=CArmbruster&utm_source=vwaudiworld&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=CArmbruster&utm_campaign=postreply). We carry the S4 Grille in platinum grey or satin black, both with chrome trim and audi logo.

We also have gloss black, sating black, or stone grey with chrome trimmings for A4 grilles.

Bratty
25-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Cheers for the replies, but just a question for ECS.

Is the S4 Grill for all A4 S-Line Models and the other Grill advertised is for Non-Sline models?

What made me think of changing the grill is the fact that the plastic bits where the Fog lights are, are a bit boring and I was thinking about cutting away the plastic between the strakes and backing it with the RS type "honey-comb" material, But it would not fit with an S4 Grill.

Dunk

Pete@ECSTuning
25-02-2010, 11:35 PM
The grilles are interchangeable between the cars, however the plate fillers are not. Plate fillers are unique to the A4 or the S4 grilles. If you want the honey-comb, you want the RS4 grilles.

Bratty
25-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Cheers for the prompt reply Chris, but on your website there do not link to pictures of the items that we are talking about. And for me a S4 grill is "The Strong Vertical Chrome"version and the RS version is normally the "Honey-comb" Look? Or am I Yet Again! showing my Audi Virginity;)

Dunk;)

Pete@ECSTuning
26-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Cheers for the prompt reply Chris, but on your website there do not link to pictures of the items that we are talking about. And for me a S4 grill is "The Strong Vertical Chrome"version and the RS version is normally the "Honey-comb" Look? Or am I Yet Again! showing my Audi Virginity;)

Dunk;)

No I'm sorry, I'm completely beside myself on this one. You are correct. Sometimes I get things jumbled between the different platforms and models. We offer your S4 grilles, like these (borrowed from another thread):

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6755/pict0001m.jpg

Bratty
26-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Cheers Chris, thing is I do not want to be classed as an "S4 wannabe", I want to be an "RS4 wannabe";).

In fact if I can beat AUDI to it then that will make them "Dunk Wannabe´s":biglaugh:

Dunk

Pete@ECSTuning
26-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Well we have access to both US and Euro parts bins. So if you can get me the part number of the grille you want, we can get you the grille!

Bratty
26-02-2010, 04:17 PM
The only prob I have with that is I have had to pay import tax on the goods that I have purchased from America in the past, and it aint cheap works out between 17.5% to 28% depending on what mood they are in at the tax-office.:aargh4:

Dunk

Pete@ECSTuning
26-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Crikey! Well just get an airline ticket, fly here, pick up what you need and fly back. No import tax if you play your cards right and you get a vacation out of it all!

Bratty
26-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Good Idea Chris :beerchug:!
But flawed as here in Germany they have that base covered by "goods to the value off" that are alowed for new items (and it is not a great amount!), so unless I try to smuggle it back as a Rappers neclace by wearing around my neck atattched by a piece of gold chain link fence, I do not think they would fall for it?;).

By the way is it ECS that were selling the supercharged badges for the S models, if so then I reckon you would find a lucrative market in Germany as there are many s models on the road (and who would be happy with V6T on the side!!?!!)

Dunk

Pete@ECSTuning
26-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Ha ha, you are probably right!

Yes that is we who are selling the Supercharged badge, I don't know how we'd get Germans to know that though?
Supercharged Badge (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-TT_MKI-Quattro-225HP/Search/Supercharged/ES391497/?salesrep=CArmbruster&utm_source=vwaudiworld&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=CArmbruster&utm_campaign=postreply)
http://www.ecstuning.com/product_library/39441/300/Carbon%20Fiber%20%22Supercharged%22%20Badge.jpg (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-TT_MKI-Quattro-225HP/Search/Supercharged/ES391497/?salesrep=CArmbruster&utm_source=vwaudiworld&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=CArmbruster&utm_campaign=postreply)

Bratty
26-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Log into Motortalk.de then just post in FORUM, A4-8K (or A5 etc.) do it in English and you might find that you get a response, the worst that can happen is they ban-you for not registring as a dealer but by that time the message will be out.

Germans love that sort of thing, I mean I have a friend who has a white S5 and he has stuck these god awful red louvre things from ABT on the side-wings!!:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:.

I think your badges are much more subtle (and at the end of the day:- correct!!).

Good Hunting.

Dunk

Pete@ECSTuning
26-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm not sure why they didn't come with them in the first place?!

Bratty
26-02-2010, 05:12 PM
If it were a logical world it should have been :- V6K (as supercharger in German is Kompressor, as in Mercedes).

But that would have the rest of the non-teutonic world scratching their heads.

Dunk

Bratty
02-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Done some sniffing about:confused:, and alledgedly the A5 S line grill WILL!!?!! fit on an A4 S line. I just takes a bit of modification as the mounting points are different but the dimensions are the same.

Rs5 grills working out at 530 euros, but then the lower fog light bits look will not match:aargh4:.

Dunk