PDA

View Full Version : end of warranty

sean red i
19-05-2007, 10:10 AM
car will be 3 years old in september and out of warranty. dealer ive always used (had no problem with them at all, local dealer is cardiff but go 20 mins past to bridgend) has said they will mot car up to 29 days before. most of faults if any will be covered by warranty (except wear, brakes tyres etc). they also say i can pay £50 and they will go through car from front to back to find warranty faults. they want £50 pound for an mot, havent had to get mot for a while,sounds expensive. Was going to go to an indy to find any faults then take it to dealer to show them anyway to get done. any thoughts
cheers sean

nicfw
26-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Ineresting. If you have had good service from your *******, all be it for a price, why not pay the fifty and have them check 'front to back' as you say? Failing that, a warranty is a warranty and if your Indy does your MOT and supplies a list of faults surely the ******* is still obliged to fix them up to the end of the warranty period.

You don't mention how many miles are on the vehicle, so again, if it has been serviced as per schedule, all recall work done etc. no real probs over and above having a 3 yr. old vehicle.

If it is close to a big service you could let the indy do it now, throwing in the MOT as a hello new customer and get them to print out the fault list to take to the main agent. Well thats what I did anyway.