PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 2004 Touran drivers door stuck closed!!

sixgixx
21-02-2010, 01:14 PM
basically as it says above...?
happened yesterday, central locking all fine etc, but the drivers door wont open from the inside or the outside! tried unlocking with key and remote, no change.

have no idea, i'm guessing its a cable or something, but how am i going to open the door in order to get into the door panel to sort it out!

please help if anyone has encountered this or has a solution.

thanks

:1zhelp:

sixgixx
21-02-2010, 10:01 PM
managed to sort it out. if anyone encounters this, what i did was gave the drivers door handle a short, sharp punch with my hand from the outside, and this released whatever was stuck and preventing the door from opening.

stevefaber
01-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Had exactly the same problem, and exactly the same solution worked. Now to decide whether I can open the door up, find and fix the problem permanently, or if it's a job for the dealers...

Incidentally, for a few weeks, we've had to unlock the doors (with the remote), then pull the drivers door handle, let it go and pull it again to open the door. All of the other doors open immediately they are unlocked. So I'm guessing that in my case at least, the "door completely stuck" thing is a progression of the original problem. Anyone else had the "double pull to open" thing happen?

Steve