PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Central Locking Fault.

joe406
21-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Ever since I bought my Passat the remote function of the central hasn't worked but I have never looked into it. Also, the passenger back door doesnt open from the outside and doesnt unlock with the other doors sometimes. Also, the speaker doesnt work on that door.

However, just recently the other back door hasnt unlocked first time around either occassionally and also, the fuel filler cap has become harder to open with the button. That might be a coincidence but I wondered if this had anything to do with it?

The most recent fault to do with the locking system is when I lock the car the windows go down. I then I have to shut them using the key and it's fine. This has happened around 4 times now and I wondered if anyone had any ideas before I take it to the garage to be looked at?

Thanks
Joe. :biglaugh:

cazyp
21-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Could be a few things but you could try recoding the key to the comfort control module by:
1 put your spare key in ignition and the ignition on
2 lock the door with your main key holding 'unlock button'
3 unlock the door with key still 'holding unlock'
4 open the drivers door
5 remove key from ignition
6 close door
7 try lock/unlock from main key fob.

Or it could be a ccm fault. The ccm is under the passenger carpet in the footwell. Lift the damn heavy carpet and inspect the wires carefully for signs of damage. Also check if it's wet under the carpet - if so then check the plenum (under the battery) to see if you've got a pond-in-the-making under there!