PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat TDi 130BHP clutch info.

alba_tdi
18-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Can anyone advise where to buy a clutch kit for my 2001 Passat Tdi?
Obviously i want to avoid dealer prices so any info on alternative suppliers would be appreciated.
Also, if anyone has attempted a clutch replacement on this range of Passat i would be grateful on timescale and degree of difficulty as i might have a go myself. Thanks.:beerchug:

shooey88
28-02-2006, 09:45 PM
everything is accessible from underneath vehicle...apart from disconnecting battery there is no need to operate from under the bonnet. you may struggle to get to top gearbox bolts. time scale is about 4 hours for someone experienced. the gearbox is situated along with the engine in a longitudinal position. this makes it easy for removal with lots of space but is very heavy so u will struggle. you will probabaly find heat spots and play in dual mass flywheel so be warned may need new flywheel at hefty price.

alba_tdi
02-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi shooey88 and thanks for the info.
I'm not familiar with this type of flywheel, are you aware of problems with dual mass flywheels in general?
Looking elsewhere i have found links for replacement clutch kits that include a modified flywheel so that might be an option as well even if it means sourcing from outside the UK.