PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper wiring

the dodger
19-02-2010, 03:39 AM
I hope that this is the correct section. I've used the search function but couldn't find anything, so apologies if this has been covered previously.
I have a 52 reg Audi A4 1.9 which has a failed rear wiper motor. The wires to the motor burnt out at the motor plug/socket. I now have a new motor and plug but don't know which wire goes where!
The wires are coloured Brown (I suspect that this is earth and joins to 31), Blue with a Lilac tracer, Black/Yellow, and Black/Lilac.
The socket is stamped 15, WW,INT, and31.
Thanks in advance if anyone can supply this information!

i0zjh02
08-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi Please can you let me know if you found the information as I have the same issue with a 2005 a4 avant. the motor actually caught fire and burnt the plug and 1st 6 inches of the loom. Where did you get the replacement plug from ?

Cheers Dave

benjie
09-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Looking at the wiring diagram for a 2002 A4 Avant, it says... (can't guarantee it's the same for the 2005, but see no reason why it's not)
pin 1 = brown
pin 2 = blue/purple
pin 3 = black/purple
pin 4 = black/yellow

wire in pin 1 goes to the earth point number 2 in the rear lid wiring harness
wire in pin 2 goes to central electrics module (under steering wheel), black 23 pin connector, pin 2
wire in pin 3 goes to central electrics module (under steering wheel), black 23 pin connector, pin 1
wire in pin 4 goes to central electrics module (under steering wheel), black 10 pin connector, pin 5

i0zjh02 - go to Audi, they should be able to find it for you, though may take some searching, so depends if they're in a lazy mood!
Hope this helps!

the dodger
09-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Someone beat me to it!
I obtained the new plug from TPS (the trade side of VW) it comes as a bare casing, but you can buy the connectors to insert separately and simply push them in. The wiring connectors are double ended so you only need to buy two and cut the wires in half. If I remember correctly, they are not colour coded, and are supplied as yellow. I just soldered them to the original wires, and then used heat-shrink tubing. I also had to replace some of the washer piping that had melted.
Good luck!

benjie
09-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I've ordered a fair few wires and they're always bright yellow.