PDA

View Full Version : Question Front camber adjustment

Rustyfile
19-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Hello, this is my first ever post so bear with me. right, i have recently changed all the suspension arms on my a4 2.6 and wondered to myself if there was any camber adjustment like in the old golf's and such, you konow the excentric bolt. so after looking i noticed some mounting holes a little further out than the holes the lower arms were in. so i re set the suspension to the outer holes and hey presto all looked fine, nice looking camber not too much and went with the lowered suspesion a treat. so off i went for a test drive and the first 2 miles were great, then the inner cv poped out right in the middle of town.
So what i am wondering is do you have to have longer driveshafts to have the camber set like this, say like s4 ones, or just leave it as it is. i reckon there is scope for improvent in the suspension setup but has anyone had any experience of this, any help would be good, in the morning i will try audi and see if i can get them to tell me the lengths of the driveshafts on the a4 and s4, see if the s4 ones are longer, got to be something init.....cheers....

olds_kool
19-02-2010, 01:30 PM
unless you want to rip through tyres put it back the way it was.
S4's use the same holes and lowering will give slightly more neg camber anyway