PDA

View Full Version : Cant Open All Doors With Key Fob (Drivers is OK)

neovw
18-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi

I had a major issue with my 03 Passat (1.9TDI 130BHP) , the pulley on the altenator came off (on the motorway) and , it had worn out the threads on the Altenator so this meant a new (well re-conditoned) altenator for the car.

The pulley coming off meant that the battery went totally dead... and the clock was reset etc, the guy at the garage did re-charage it (but not sure if he did it fully)

I got this fixed Tuesday, I didnt notice any issues straight away , however today I noitced the following problem:

When I press the unlock button on the key fob , the drivers door opens fine, when i press it again to open the other doors they dont unlock.

On the second press I can hear the dirvers door doing something, but none of the other locks pop open.

If i use the button on the inside of the drivers door I can lock and unlock the doors as per normal (so no issues there). If i press the key fob to open the boot it opens fine.

Windows work (well from the drivers door they do , not tired individuals)....

Door mirrors work ok

Havent tried the fuel flap yet.

I have read around and people suggest it could be a dead battery or low battery.

Any help would be great just hope i dont have to dish out more money.....

Also would the Altenator be different for a 130BHP passat from a 100BHP passat? this is a side question that came into my head , even if he has got the wrong one its too late its fitted now......

Waseem

snapdragon
18-02-2010, 11:48 AM
This happens on mine when I have a flat battery due to leaving the fridge in the boot plugged in.
If I then recharge the battery without disconnecting it. It seems that some electronics may get scrambled by the low voltage and disconnecting the battery clears it.

neovw
18-02-2010, 11:55 AM
So I need to totally disconnect the battery ,, and just reconnect it and it should work ?

Sorry for being an idiot but wasnt sure if disconnecting the battery would cause some harm (im sure i read that somewhere although seems odd)