PDA

View Full Version : radio not swiching off

paulthefox
16-02-2010, 09:41 PM
the radio keeps coming back on after i take keyout of the ignition car is 2000 cordoba.
have to take ou tfuse to stop is coming back on any one else had this problem:1zhelp:

paul

twomill
03-03-2010, 09:54 PM
i'm having the same problems lately but i think it may be water related. with the lovely winter we've just had i've a feeling that the wife may have drove a little too fast through some of the floods and now we're experiencing a lot of weird electrical problems but i've not had time to get a proper look yet.:beerchug:

nanor
20-03-2010, 04:38 PM
I've had the same problem for about a year and a half with my 2001 Cordoba. Haven't found any kind of solution for it. Like yourself I have to just take out the fuse every time i get out of the car.

During the Summer the problem sometimes disappears for a few weeks to Twomill's thoughts about it being water/moisture related are likely.

If you find a solution please let me know

paulthefox
20-03-2010, 04:46 PM
its the brother in law thats having that problem will ask him later if he got it fixed

paul:beerchug:

robbie04
01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
have the same problem with mine, been told it is a fault in the model, and expensive to fix. can happily leave my car a couple of days and it still starts so seldom take out the fuse

paulthefox
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
my brother in law just learns to live with it know:beerchug:

paul

scotini69
30-08-2010, 09:06 PM
my brother in law just learns to live with it know:beerchug:

paul
this is a common fault with radio high units fitted to ibiza/ cordoba 99/01 model it can be fixed for usually around 70 quid, see ebay or ivve found that leaving a cassetete in the player stops radio turning itself on and flattening battery. dont know how but try it and let me know if it works!!!!!

Jarmstro
03-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Yes agree this is a common fault with the radio unit. I have a 2000 Cordoba and fortunately I had the radio replaced under warranty but I can also back up that I found the trick of leaving the cassette in. Don't dismiss the effect of a constant current draw on the battery if the radio's coming on. Over time it could reck your battery. I've heard of other people fitting a switch between fuse and radio to give peace of mind and also a cheap fix.
Cheers,
Jon.