PDA

View Full Version : Not another Water in the Footwell Post !!!!?

VW_Novis
18-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Yeah, I know ........... but I cannot find anything to do with this problem !

2000 Passat 1.9TDi

Front passenger footwell has water in it. Car coolant water gradually disappearing (about 1 Ltr every 4 days) - feeling under the glovebox - water !

Any ideas where this water is coming from and what to check / replace ?

Desperate !

Sam
18-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Ouch.

Oily film on the inside of the windows?

VW_Novis
18-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Can't say I have noticed any.

Water on the carpet is oily / seet - so am assuming coolant. water dripping onto undertray as shown:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb271/Richards_Pictures_2007/VW.jpg

Is it possible there is a leak on the pipework behind the glovebox - or are we talking changing the heater matrix ???? :(

Sam
18-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Is it possible there is a leak on the pipework behind the glovebox - or are we talking changing the heater matrix ???? :(

That's why I asked about the oily film. If you have a blown matrix that's usually the first sign.

There are aircon pipes behind the glovebox but there's also the pollen filter directly above.

Have you checked for water in and around the bulkhead already?

If you follow the link in my sig to my Passat, at the foot of the first post is another link to a DIY I wrote on leaky Passats.

I'm sure I've seen the above picture somewhere already before - are you on ukpassats too?

EdF
23-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Don't know if this helps but something similar happened to me a few years ago. Water from the crap funnel type plastic moulding on the nearside rear of the engine bay was pouring water from the windscreen around the pollen filter gasket or seal, which leaked water into the electrics in the passenger footwell. I believe this is a well-known (and very expensive) problem. Cost me about £600 to get the electrics fixed.