PDA

View Full Version : Question Will the new A8’s 3.0TDi come to the A4 anytime soon

Geordie Amanda
16-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Well I am still sitting on the fence looking at the 330D and the 3.0Tdi A4 and seemingly no closer to a decision.

So a fact that may make a decision easier for me is, I see the new A8 has an updated 3.0TDi. It has a little more power, noticeably more torque and seems to do a little more mpg. I have given trying to get Audi to answer the question of ‘will this engine be coming to the A4 anytime soon?’ In fact they dent seemed to be bothered to even acknowledge my multiple emails (using their ‘contact us’ feature). Sadly BMW always have got back to me in a few days of me sending an email to them, so I hope that Audi aren’t always this rubbish with their customers :(

Do any of you guys with your fingers on the pulse have any knowledge of this engine coming to the A4, or an expected timescale? I am pretty sure it will eventually come, but will it be before I need to change my current car? (end of the year at the latest) If I knew it was coming I would hang on as long as I could.

jaro
16-02-2010, 09:35 AM
as far as I know the redesigned 3l tdi is already in A4 since the 09 model.
I have it with manual trans...it is sweeeet!!

Geordie Amanda
16-02-2010, 12:42 PM
as far as I know the redesigned 3l tdi is already in A4 since the 09 model.
I have it with manual trans...it is sweeeet!!

I must admit I was a little confused, but I thought the current 3.0 tdi had 240ps and 360 (+ a little bit) lb/ft of torque. The newer version had 245ps (possibly 250ps depending on the article I have read) and around 400lb/ft of torque. Also the emissions would drop and the mpg go up, neither of which I have seen on the Audi web site. Mind you, they don’t seem to update the site too regularly.

Do you think this is the enginge you have in your A4? Fingers crossed it is :)

Hippogriff
16-02-2010, 06:19 PM
...so I hope that Audi aren’t always this rubbish with their customers :(

Oh, they are. Maybe that also helps you make your decision?

didkobandita
16-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Can`t help you much with the engine, usually takes about 6 months to start fitting a new engine in all models.
About the costumer service is absolutely rubbish. Usually you have to call them at least 5 times to get a respond from the right person or if they promise to call you back just forget it, never do it. :aargh4:

jaro
16-02-2010, 07:12 PM
since the new 3 liter tdi was just introduced it will I guess take time for it to come to A4...not sure...would suck to hear there is yet another new engine after 1 year.
The one I have is the 239HP unit...it's nice..

as to the customer service? well so far so good and that's based on the Swiss experience. BMW dealers here suck in a big way that is why I did not buy another bimmer...that and I wanted a nice quattro ride bigger than the 3 series wagon.

Geordie Amanda
17-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I emailed BMW about whether the X1 was going to get the 3.0 TDI engine only this Monday, today I got a polite and thorough reply. I have now sent off a slightly curt question again to Audi (my third mailing this year!!!) and hope I will at last get an answer. I am pretty disappointed that they completely ignore a customer who is thinking of sending almost £40,000 on one of their cars. Seems a shame that the designers and engineers who come up with these fine cars have all their good efforts go to waste because of a useless Customer Service team :( If I do go down the BMW road, then I will write to them incessantly to remind them of this fact and how they could have avoided it and had me as a customer.

I guess the reason I am still in the hunt is I have owned several VAG cars over the last 10 years and liked them all.