PDA

View Full Version : Pollen Filter

tony_anon
18-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Hi,

Does anybody know where the pollen filter is in a A4 B6 1.9TDI SE Sep 2003?

Cheers.

RickT
18-05-2007, 09:43 PM
open the bonnet.. remove the battery lid.. then remove the full plastic tirm which runs across the top of the engine bay....

Under that you will find a BLACK box to the right .. (under the tax disk, vin plate, passenger side.. )

If i remember its just clips..

Open.. pull out the old filter and bang the new on it..

Look at the pic i below... Ps... dont remove the front of the car!! :biglaugh: thats the cam belt job!!

RickT

tony_anon
19-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Hi Rick,

Many thanks! I'll let you know how I get on! Any idea how often the filter should be replaced? Do you expect the *********** to do it during a longlife service?!

Cheers.

RickT
19-05-2007, 12:52 AM
they would not normally do it..

Where abouts are you??

I have contacts and can get them cheapish.... About a tenner if i remember right..

if you are local i can put you you in contact.. if not.. i can price one up for you and could go get it and post it maybe??

Ring Audi and find how much they are and report back.. then if its cost affective i will get one for you..

RickT

RicKT

andyroo
21-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi
Just bought one from Halfords £10.82 Part number is 999540 have not got it yet so may be the wrong part but here's hopeing.:beerchug:

Cheers
Andy.

andyroo
22-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Update on cabin filter it's the wrong one and they do not have the correct part number. Ahh well onto ebay.

Andy.:confused:

RickT
22-05-2007, 10:56 PM
i can get one for about £14 trade price... non OEM.. but works as well as OEM,.

RickT

tony_anon
23-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Got one from the ***********. Cost £12. Not bad I suppose. Fitted using RickT instructions. They said it was replaced during last longlife service. Basically I didn't believe them and I also replaced the air filter. Many thanks.

dub love
24-05-2007, 03:21 PM
can someone plz tell me how to make posts, i have a few problems with my a4. 1 the temperature gauge is faulty, doesnt always move, mostly just sticks and doesnt even move.. my glovebox handle no longer works i think i may have snapped something. also has anyone had their 1.9tdi 130s chipped at all. mine has 119000 on the clock, but runs absolutely fine. every now and again, if u stamp the accelerater pedal theres like a miss fire only for a second then she ripps off. can any1 giv me advice. cheers:biglaugh: