PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Sharan Parking Sensors no working

Burg
15-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi all,

Have tried a search but couldn't find the answer.

I have a 2002 VW Sharan. I started out by having power problems when the cold weather started in December. This went away with the warmer weather in later January. The alarm then just started randomly going off. I was advised to remove the battery for a bit.

This hasn't really worked and I am now left with no parking sensors.

Basically the first time they are activated the you get a long dull tone (definitely different to the 'too close' tone) and the button light just flashes. After about 20 seconds the tone stops but the light continues to flash. The sensors do not work though.

I have tried unplugging the three leads in the control box under the passenger seat. Have also cleaned off each sensor, however they worked before disconnecting the battery and I didn't drive anywhere before getting the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ian

drodders
16-02-2010, 09:51 PM
have a look at this this may be your problem http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=89311 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=89311)

Burg
16-02-2010, 10:55 PM
had looked at that,

tried each sensor but still the same problem.

No reason though for one to stop working as they worked fine before unplugging the battery and as soon as it was put back in they didn't.

Thanks though

neilandkatie
20-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi Ian,

We're having similar problems. Took our Sharan for a valet after the kids made a real mess . The 'wet' vacuum ended up getting under the passenger seat flap and corroding the PDC box.

It took a while to figure this out as we also had two faulty sensors and this was indicated by the flashing lights on the parking sensor switch on the dashboard that you have suggested.

After replacing the sensors, the light was constantly on, at that stage I pulled the PDC and found that it had been corroded.

If anyone out there knows where I can buy a new/reconditioned PDC for a 2006 Sharan it would be greatly appreciated - and hopefully cheaper than the £450 quote I received from the main dealer!

Neil

matthewgdavies
21-02-2010, 10:11 AM
As always, SEAT tend to be cheaper than VW for parts, try FORD as well as many many parts are identical on Sharan, Alhambra, old Galaxy
I got a spare wheel carrier new from FORD for £76 which SEAT were quoting £180 plus for = otherwise you are probably stuck with scrappers or fleabay

neilandkatie
21-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Good advice, thanks Matthew.