PDA

View Full Version : Please Help near side rear door failed to unlock with keyfob

daveeyt
13-02-2010, 09:32 PM
My 2006 UK jetta, near side rear door failed to unlock with keyfob, and also from the inside handle(child lock off) . I tried it many times and then thought to try to unlock it with the master switch on drivers door, and it opened first time, and seems ok now with the key fob. Is this a glitch, or a sign that that the lock mechanism is on its way out?

daveeyt
15-02-2010, 06:23 PM
its doing it again.... any advice on the usual culprit for this fault?

Flash2
06-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Central locking actuator, that is part of the door lock assembly.
Best to have it replaced while the door is still opening. It'll save you a good few quid on labour. It's a much bigger job to do when it packs in altogether and the door wont open.

Regards - Jim.

daveeyt
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Flash thanks for the reply. I had the car tested using vagcom and no error was logged and the technician said he was confident it was the individual door lock at fault, so this ties into your suggestion. I will be getting it fixed in the next week. Interestingly the vagcom flagged a fault with drivers door window switch which had never missed a beat and I wondered if there was a connection with the door fault. However 2 days ago I noticed the window sometimes stalls on a full open and you have to re actuate the switch.

Thank you for confirming the garage analysis, I will post back on ce the garage
has done the fix