PDA

View Full Version : Please Help touran

33flat4
12-02-2010, 11:57 PM
can anyone help me my touran has water in nearside rear foot well car stinks of mould and damp smell please help:zx11:

Neil Bhaduri
20-12-2019, 04:19 PM
can anyone help me my touran has water in nearside rear foot well car stinks of mould and damp smell please help:zx11:

Hello, I have the same problem - did you ever find the problem and a solution?

many thanks, Neil

VAG-Abound
20-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Do you have a sunroof?

If you have the underfoot hatches you can remove plastic then cut out carpet with a Stanley knife to help with mopping up. Plastic will then hide cut line and make things look tidy.

VAG-Abound
21-12-2019, 02:33 PM
I have water on driver's side at the moment. Not sure if is rain leaking in, or hole in line to rear window washer (which is on right I think). I do have to hold the stalk for a while, as though the pipe is being refilled...

After doing the cut out trick and sponging out about 4 pints of water I've pulled the bungs that are exposed and parked with slope to rear to hopefully let more water free itself and trickle out.

VAG-Abound
22-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Couldn't see more water settling as wiper was pulled, but did seem to be some after last night's rain. Decided to check the windscreen / plenum drains. Not as clear as they should be, so scooped, rinsed and agitated until they were. These are the two holes at far left / right of the black trim under wipers. They drain into a "pocket" that you can see when bonnet is lifted, and those pockets have a ~10mm hole to drain to wheel arches.