PDA

View Full Version : Question Clutch problem Leon TDI Cupra

chrisroffey
12-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I am looking at buying a Seat Leon TDI Cupra but it comes with the following problem: 'if initially you don't double dip the clutch there is no power, it literally only happens when you first start up and engage gear after thats it fine, it really is only a minor issue.'
Does anyone have any idea what this maybe and if it is a minor issue that could turn into a major and exepnsive issue?
Thanks

towcestervag
14-02-2010, 09:40 PM
sounds like clutch pedal switch

Allchemist
24-03-2010, 08:38 PM
In my Leon TDI FR I have not experienced exactly what you have but I been searching around the net for answers to other issues with the clutch that I have never experienced before in other cars.

1) My clutch bite is very low down (only done 7k miles)
2) When engaging first and taking away gently, car shoots forward the first five to ten yards then dies back to a lower constant speed. (I have been driving different cars for the last 35 years and never experienced this before.)
3) When I take away in first with far more throttle I do not notice this effect. (is there weak clutch springs, wind up in the front wheel drive or is a fuel mapping problem?)
4) As a result of this clutch pedal bite being low I am physically very close to the brake pedal and as a result I find it hard to control the brakes which are far fiercer than the progressive breaks on my Impreza WRX.
5) The SEAT garage work shop engineer was unable to say if he could reposition the bite point on my clutch or change the brakes (I have had a look at the brake master cylinder and rod and I suspect nothing can be done there.)

Has anybody any explanation or help that can be given.
PS. I hope this is not seen as hijacking a thread, they may be related problems!