PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Pictures of TDI Engine

k_harley
12-02-2010, 08:53 PM
First want to say hi, and thanks in advance for you help!

So, what Id like is for some one to help me find pictures of an A4, B5 platform that has a 1.9 TDI motor. Id like to some pictures of the nose removed and the engine out of the car so I can see the differences between the 1.8t setup and TDI setup.

Im planning to do a 1.9 TDI swap into a 99 A4 over here in the US where we only got the 1.8t and 2.8's in A4's.

I have a 1998 Jetta TDI Im using the motor out of, but I know Ill need some euro parts to pull it off, Im just trying to guage how many.

Ive done 10 other TDI swaps into non-TDI cars with good resuslts, so Im not a newbie by any means. Just need some euro help!

So if you have any info personally, or could point me in the direction of where to find some motor swap pics, or even somone who will sell me the neccesary parts for the swap Id be very appreciative.

Thanks! :beerchug:

kenney
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
There are no pics of the engine removed in any of the VAG workshop catalouges,i can help you with an overveiw of the components of an installed engine but i need the engine code

k_harley
12-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks a lot, Ill be using and AHU or possibly 1Z. They are nearly identical.

Ive looked through the vagcat pages, but it just doesnt do justice being so broken down and poor resulution pics.

Later down the road Ill try using some ALH's.