PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 TDi Gearbox Oil Cooler Leaking!!!

Q7_Nick
12-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Things are not going well with the Q7 of late. Had issues with the Air Manifolds (£1300) now I have Gearbox Oil all over my drive.

Now I need a new Oil Cooler, Pipes and Replacement Gearbox Oil!

Been told its the Pipes chaffing behind a plastic cover, do not know the extent until its in bits again...

Anyone else had issues, leak is low down drivers side front...

This fault will be fixed and then the cars on its way outta here, Love it, but just too unreliable..

runrigger
11-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Nick, I am thinking of upgrading from X5 - cars in my price range have circa 0-70K miles

How unreliable has your car been?

Q7_Nick
12-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Not Good I am afraid, I have now sold the car, as it also had issues with leaking in rain water!!!

I would not own another if it was outside of a comprehensive warranty...

runrigger
12-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Nick, that's not good, its the first time I have heard of major problems! I need to pursue this discussion further and before I commit to sheelling out 25K

Q7_Nick
12-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Sure there'llbe plenty of owners who'll disagree with me but it's the most troublesome car I've owned. Just look at the amount that could go wrong with them, even small jobs would be £500+. they are great cars when not going wrong but too much of a price to pay for me.
Also Audi uk do not want to know when things go wrong, my advise wouldbe to get a newest model you can afford and buy via Audi dealer that way at least you'll have some cover. Independent warrenties start about £1200 upwards...!

Sportingmac
01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Have to say mine has been quite reliable - apart from a boot lock issue that was eventually resolved and an aircon problem that was resolved too - seems that there is a hose in the engine area that needed uprating - all done under warranty.

Other than that - great car