PDA

View Full Version : A3 running problems

ebo
17-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Hiya lads n lassies,
I recintly bought a clean 1997 a3 1.6 16v 3dr hatch. Been running it for about 2 weeks its nice for a 10 year old car but was due a service when i got it. Runs well untill it starts not to co-operate....

Now its seems to happen when you got to about 90 on the temp gage the car will lose all power and cut out! When starting it again it struggels to fire up. Sometimes it'll start straight away again and run fine but sometimes it will idle at a 1000 Rpm and not revv beyonde that and seem to back fire. The end result is im left starting the car and turning it off till its ready to go again. (usually when its cooled down)

I have since serviced the car and its hasint help at all. Its got a good amout of work from audi service history and has had alot of care taken of it. (i knew the previouse owner)

Anyone got any ideas of where to start?
cheers Ebo

ebo
20-06-2009, 08:14 PM
here i am 2 years later with the still knackered a3 lmfao my cousin works in a garage and hes totaly stumped with it. i had a snap on diagnostic, a general garage diognostic done and i dunno. 1 fault codes came up which i cant remember but the practical up shot was the lamba probe was reading pure oxygen allways so a new probe an exhaust (exhaust was cream crackered anyway lol.)

my cousin reckons theres 3 relays under the dash and because of a blown exhaust its burnt 1 out how ever reckons its a irish import and cant find any part numbers for it!

anyone got any part numbers or info on what the relays are for?
it would be much appreciated like