PDA

View Full Version : Automatic SAT NAV Stereo Volume. Please help!!

Dayglows
17-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the the site so apologies if this question has already been answered.

My wife has a 2006 A3 sportback with SatNav. However, every time we get in the car and turn the ignition on the stereo comes on blaring. We have a small baby that always wakes up in the back when the stereo comes on. I took it back to the dealers to try and get this lowered or to stop the stereo coming on at all but they told me there was nothing they could do. This can't be right surely?

Does anybody know if there is anything that can be done?

Thanks in advance

Dayglows

Froggy
18-05-2007, 03:40 PM
The unit should have a default "on volume" setting, it sounds like this is set too high.

I'm not sure which sat-nav you have? But a quick look in the handbook should sort you out.

Once you lower it, it will go back to this volume always when the unit is switched off, or a lower one if that was what it was set to when switched off. (Does that make sense :confused:)

Dayglows
18-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks Froggy. That's the whole point, if the volume is low then it comes out higher when you turn it on next time waking the baby. If you have it really loud it sets it back to the normal level.

There is nowhere where I can adjust the volume as it is a factory set option. Surely there must be something configurable in by the dealer by plugging it into their computer at the dealer. It seems absurd that the automatic default volume level cannot be set on the factory fit SatNav. After all, it wasn't cheap. :(

I have the DVD based SatNav system if that helps.

stuart
19-05-2007, 08:58 PM
There should be a button that say's "set up" if it is the same as mine, you can lower the volume in there.

Dayglows
29-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Stuart, I have been all the way through the setup on the Satnav and there is nothing in there to change the default stereo volume. There is Nav volume etc but not stereo volume.

Have you managed to find it? If so, where? It's doing my nut in.:aargh4: