PDA

View Full Version : Probably silly windscreen washer question

Gary_W
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I haven't looked yet (not been home in daylight all week :( ) but is it easy to adjust where the windscreen washers are spraying?

On the passenger side of the car, I've got a permanent mud bath of road salt at the moment towards the top / left hand side of the screen, and it's purely that the washer jets don't seem to be getting there. If you get a little shower of rain, the wipers clear it so it's the jets that are dodgy as opposed to the wiper blades.

Back in the old days, you could just put a pin in the jets and move them. Is it still that simple these days? I'll find out at the weekend when I can actually have some time with it in daylight but I know someone here will know the answer :)

Thanks

Gary

satsu
11-02-2010, 11:36 PM
In theory it is that simple. In practice I found it really fiddly to reach them because of how they're sited under the bonnet lip and even harder to get them pointed in the right place. :mad:

Any tips would be most appreciated.

PNS2007
12-02-2010, 05:47 PM
I fixed a darning needle onto a long pencil and secured it with a couple of nylon ties. It helped with the awkwardness of access and also the direction of the jet

quiel_type_r
13-02-2010, 11:34 PM
you can get washer jet adjusters from your local motorfactors ;)