PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Loss of drive

Slacker1976
11-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone has had this problem with an A2 1.4 SE

I was driving today on a duel carridge way overtaking a lorry and suddenly all my dash warning lights flashed and beeped and I lost all power. The dash was indicating the ! warning indicator. The breaks were still working and so was the power steering thankfully ;). I managed to coast to a stop and pull into a layby. Thankfully there was one close or I'd have had to stop on the carridge way :aargh4:.

I turned of the engine and waited for a minute or two just to get my breath back as my adrenaline had kicked in big time. I then turned the engine back on and all the warning indicators were gone and I got the OK indicator to show that everything is fine :confused:.

Now I went to the Audi dealer to see if they had any idea what could be wrong. They told me that it would cost £78 just to diagnose the problem :angryfire They told me it could be a problem that the engine is overboosting but I was confused by this as I thought that my engine doesn't have a turbo. I thought that the turbo was on the Tdi models.

Please help.

Regards,

Slacker

tomandjo2
17-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Have you put the wrong fuel in by mistake? it's common and would cause exactly your issue.

Check your receipt and if payed for by card you can also phone garage and they can check what fuel from teh last 4 digits of card no. (shell can)

Tom