PDA

View Full Version : computer display

mark78
11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
does anyone know of a fuse to disconnect the computer my car is due a psv test and it comes up airbag fault but if its disconnected they cant see the fault just until i gather 123 quid to buy the crash sensor

David Horn
11-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Since it's PSV, you might find yourself in an exceptionally dodgy position if you tried to fraud your way through an MOT.

cazyp
11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
By 'psv' test are you talking about a public service vehicle test??

If so...

mark78
12-02-2010, 04:20 PM
yeah m8 a taxi test a friend was told by mot bloke if they cant see it they wont fail it

MalcQV
12-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I feel the responsible thing is to pay the money for the sensor. :(

David Horn
13-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Typical mini-cab driver, though - to hell with the customer.

mark78
13-02-2010, 01:51 PM

i was goin to replace sensor but didnt have the cash at the min as i have done alot of work to car over the past few weeks FOR THE SAFETY OF MY CUSTOMERS took it to psv test which costs 138.50 and it passed apparently airbags are not compulsary i still intend to get sensor FOR THE SAFETY OF MY CUSTOMERS came on here to ask for help and ya get some jumped up pri*k deciding im a bad person because i could not afford part at the min cheers for your replys , horn away and annoy someone else

David Horn
13-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh, I see - it was for the "safety of your customers" that you were going to lie to to the authority.

Airbag light on means no side airbags, no curtain airbags, no A-pillar airbags, no seat belt pre-tensioners etc... definitely sounds like you're safety focussed to me.

Strangely enough, had you simply asked if the PSV test could be passed with the airbag light on, no one would have bothered at all. The issue (and I think you'll find reading the replies that it's not just me thinking along these lines) is that you're trying to cover it up. PSV MOT is designed to make sure the vehicle is safe, not in perfect condition.

You have a responsibility to your customers. When they are travelling in your car, you are directly responsible for their safety. You came on here asking for help in order to circumvent legally required safety checks, and you now seem a little surprised that you didn't get it.

cazyp
13-02-2010, 05:49 PM

As a private hire driver/operator I find that extremely offensive.
My VW taxi is maintained to a very high standard, as are 99% of the considerable number of drivers I know.

I could say that the Typical customer was an arrogant ar5e, but I don't like to generalise..:rolleyes:

David Horn
13-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Sorry mate - having lived in Leeds for several years I can't say I've ever had a good experience despite trying many operators. Worst experience ranged from being run over by one (who then drove off), to 70% of the drivers not speaking a word of English, to the rest who took the longest and most circuitous route they could.

I don't doubt that there are many excellent mini-cab drivers - of which you are clearly one - but the example set by the author of this thread will not go far towards restoring their damaged reputation.

djmx5
13-02-2010, 10:57 PM
What I find hard to understand is marks assertion that airbags are not compulsory on private hire cars.

I was under the impression that the licensing authority would insist on the safest cars for the public given the almost slavish adherence to 'elf & safety' generally.

mark78
14-02-2010, 01:55 PM
What I find hard to understand is marks assertion that airbags are not compulsory on private hire cars.

I was under the impression that the licensing authority would insist on the safest cars for the public given the almost slavish adherence to 'elf & safety' generally.

as i have said took car to psv test yesterday and it passed the dva man that was testing my car told me they are not compulsory im not sure if tests in england are the same as n, ireland but they do put them through a full test

paulthefox
14-02-2010, 05:43 PM
you would be surprised about the test here(nct) on cars they dont test for

1.rear number plate lights
2.rear fog lamps
3.spare tyre
4.dark tints( lots of them are illegal)
but somebody in there wise wisdom has decided that all of the above will be a legal requirement from 2011,also at present cars over 3yrs old get tested every 2yrs.:confused:
but that is about to change for cars over 10 yrs old when they will have to be tested yearly,no mention of cars under 10yrs and under.

paul

mark78
15-02-2010, 01:37 PM
you would be surprised about the test here(nct) on cars they dont test for

1.rear number plate lights
2.rear fog lamps
3.spare tyre
4.dark tints( lots of them are illegal)
but somebody in there wise wisdom has decided that all of the above will be a legal requirement from 2011,also at present cars over 3yrs old get tested every 2yrs.:confused:
but that is about to change for cars over 10 yrs old when they will have to be tested yearly,no mention of cars under 10yrs and under.

paul

we get checked for all of the above on a yearly basis no matter how old car is plus fire extinguser cleanliness of car inside and out no bumps or major scrapes we have to have a taxi sign that lights up and if they find cigerette ash at all car is taken off road for a min of 48 hours and has to be valeted

passat 130 tdi
15-02-2010, 08:06 PM
i used to make the sensors at trw peterlee for the vw range , and what you dont seem to realise is your own safety , the airbag could well deploy at any given time if its showing a fault , imagine your doing 70 mph and your bag deploys - wont be pretty. please just buy the parts needed , your life is worth more than the £130 or so quid. :beerchug: