PDA

View Full Version : DSG confused?

rory1968
09-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a 140 CC with DSG.Have done 4kmiles on it without any problems until now. If I am passing cars and really "floor" it,the DSG sticks a t 4K revs not knowing if it shuld go up a gear or down a gear. The worry is when this happens the car stops accelerating.I have to admit this is when the car is doing about 80mph. It was at the dealers recently for an airbag reset.They gave it a full health check and found no other problems.Apart from the fact that the tyres are down to 4mm of tread!Any advice would be appreciated

shaggydancer
10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
As I am due to take ownership of the same car as you in a couple of weeks your post certainly caught my attention.

Can you replicate the fault, if so then get it into the dealer. Possibly if you can get someone in the car to video what is happening and show that to the dealers it might help convince them that you have an issue.

I have also read a couple of posts about wear on the tyres, its going to be an expensive car to run if I have to change tyres every 8K.

Keep us informed of how you get on with your issue. How do you find the car overall ?

rory1968
10-02-2010, 10:13 AM
The car itself is superb. I went for the GT version,so,it looks stunning. You will definately get lots of +ve comments from people about the car. I am leasing mine,so,I am not too worried about the tyres. I think the lease company won't put Conti's on it next time.I will post how I get on with dealers if the problem can be replicated

Carlton White
10-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I've also just taken delivery of a 140GT with DSG and have been very impressed so far. The ecconomy for an Auto is great at just over 50mpg on a trip to Leeds from Northamptonshire.

I digress.... You may find that the dealers may not be able to replicate the fault if it means breaking the speed limit! Good luck and keep posting any news.

gamichea
11-02-2010, 09:21 PM
When it 'sticks' at 4k rpm is it in normal or sport mode?