PDA

View Full Version : golf gti turbo (180 bhp) front brake discs

drphil1980
09-02-2010, 07:05 PM
hello agian, i desperatley need some advice on what size front brake discs to buy for my golf...
its the normal gti turbo 6 speed 180 bhp not the anniversary
have spoken to local part supplier who says they are 288mm but have measured em through the alloy and theye approx 300mm- or bigger....
have rung local vw dealer who couldnt advise on dimensions but did say they were bigger than on the 150 bhp model and are the same as on the 1.8 audi tt...and the anniversary golf...
i dont really want to buy em from the dealer as are twice the price but cant find anywhere on the internet that tells you part code or dimension etc.....
please can anyone advise?

many thanks

dave

sooty
10-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Welcome to the Forum Dave.

Is it a MK5 Golf?

drphil1980
10-02-2010, 09:36 PM
hi mate, thanks for replying, - no ive got a mk 4 its a normal basic gti turbo just with a few differences - mainly the exta bhp and 6 speed box i asume??..... - i wonder if it was a run out model with left overs from the anniversary edition? ...
i went to another local part stockist and they asked fro my reg number - this brought up the correct parts code up on their computer- they confirmed it needed the 312 mm dics shared on the 1.8 audi tt...
front pads and discs £102...well pleased with that price
hope this helps anyone else who reads this post...
thanks

dave

PFJones
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
hi mate, thanks for replying, - no ive got a mk 4 its a normal basic gti turbo just with a few differences - mainly the exta bhp and 6 speed box i asume??..... - i wonder if it was a run out model with left overs from the anniversary edition? ...
i went to another local part stockist and they asked fro my reg number - this brought up the correct parts code up on their computer- they confirmed it needed the 312 mm dics shared on the 1.8 audi tt...
front pads and discs £102...well pleased with that price
hope this helps anyone else who reads this post...
thanks

dave

I there, Welcome to the forums

Try going to www.pfjones.co.uk (http://www.pfjones.co.uk/).

if you can't find what you are looking for there give us a call on 0161 872 4755. Tell the guys what you want and we will see what we can do for you.

Scott
P.F.Jones