PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an A4....

peterc2609
08-02-2010, 08:53 PM
But unsure about the different trim levels...

I've seen some SE and some Sport models, and cant find out the difference in spec... and whether its worth paying a premium for the Sport trim.

Also the major differences in say a Y reg an an 02 reg...?

Also, are high milers OK?

Thanks.

fourringsrus
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Peter I can only give you a couple of pointers ,so here goes;
se =cloth interior...sport =leather
se=16" wheels......sport 17"+18"
I could go on like this but I would add that these are just differences that I have noticed,some other examples would be sport has slightly stiffer/sportier /lower suspension
I personally would be prepared to pay the extra for sport trim just because it's a nicer finish in my opinion,I had an Audi A6 se which was lovely and "swish" but my A4 2.4 cabriolet sport and my A4 3.0 quattro sport just feel a bit more special
You probably wouldn't spot many differences , if at all between a Yreg and a 2002 or even a 2004 just subtle enhancements
Yes high milers are ok so long as they are accompanied by a good service history report ie fluid/filter changes ,cam belt changes etc etc must have been done at recommended intervals,or if imminent should be reflected in purchase price accordingly,my A6 se was 3 years old with 148'000 miles fully serviced at Audi, I bought her at £8000 when the equivalent 60'000 miler was around 14'000,but with the right records she was a gem
Some body on the forum will be along soon with a more concise spec list for your entertainment,but for now I hope I have given you a bit to play with.
Good luck

Stuart

badboi4lyff
10-02-2010, 11:47 PM
My A4 is a sport and I havent got leathers.. Its just a matter of taste, ive got a sport and my dad has an se.. Sport comes with 20mm lowered and stiffer suspension (which is quite stiff, every pothole is noticable), 17" 5 spoke star or 18" rs6 wheels.. inside you get (slightly) sport seats with a fold out leg support, round gear knob, sometimes 6 speed, 3 spoke steering wheel.. thats about it i think.. but my dads se came with armrest, i had to fit one myself, it has lights on the pedals, on the doors, ambient lighting, but mine hasnt got any of these, but it has a bose stereo.. so basically a4 spec is like pick and mix, you will find some extras on some cars that others havent got.. just a case of looking for the right one.