PDA

View Full Version : Help! Heater Probs/water In Footwell

Coupe16v
16-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Before you all ignore me or laugh at me, I know this has been posted umpteen times before, but my problem is slightly different to those that I have seen posted.

I went to demist my windscreen today and my heaters/blower would not work at all. I checked the fuse, it had blown. I changed it, still not working :aargh4: I then checked the passenger footwell......yep, it's soaked :zx11:

Now, I know from the numerous posts that I need to check the drain holes and door seals, but will I need a new heater motor or will it all dry out and work again? Or is this something completely different?

Any help greatly appreciated :1zhelp:

Coupe16v
17-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Anyone?

Huweth
17-05-2007, 12:33 AM
It could be the motor thats packed up, or the CCM (comfort control module) if it's located there. I would be suprised if it works again after drying. Since the fuse blew it suggests whatever got damaged has been totally screwed...

Coupe16v
17-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Oh no, is it really difficult to change? I don't mind trying to sort it myself if it's not too hard. I just don't want to be spending loads of money that I don't really have. I only bought the car a few weeks ago too :mad:

Huweth
17-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Neither of them should be too hard, but parts may be a slight challenge to get second hand for the right price. Audi will want one of your kidneys.
I know nothing of your car, but the symptoms seem to point to what I said, so to be sure you will have to wait for the Audi lot to advise you further.

Coupe16v
17-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I checked the drain holes, they were fine, but the pollen filter was soaked! I also think it's the windscreen leaking as someone has used mastic or silicone sealer on it, but badly! I could be wrong, but that could explain why the cover that goes over the filter won't fit properly.

Then to make matters worse, the bonnet release cable grommet has been pushed through the hole and is stuck :aargh4:

I'm gutted to say the least :(

Huweth
18-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Well, you have got a nice car that is just having a few problems. Work your way through them and think of the end product. We all hate our cars when something is wrong, but don't love them enough when they are working properly, like women...:)

Coupe16v
18-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. I'll have to wait till it stops raining long enough to dry everything out, then I'll start work on it.

:beerchug: