PDA

View Full Version : Water in rear footwell

Soo
16-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi I have had a 1999 TDI Passat and wondered if anyone could advise me I have just noticed a pool of water in the rear footwell behind the drivers seat, and the a water cooling level has dropped I am assuming they are conected but what could leak in the back?

Sam
17-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Does your Passat leak? (http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230249)

Click the above link

M4YTY
17-05-2007, 05:46 PM
If the pool in the back is coolant, chances are your heater matrix has burst. Heard of a couple going in passats. Total B*tch to change. Dashboard out job!

limecc
03-08-2009, 02:26 AM
I had the same problem with water in the rear footwell behind the driverseat in my 2003 V6 4motion. It was clean water with no anti freeze so I assumed it was raining in, but found no mention in the forum of pools in this area, but plenty regarding leaks in the other three.

Problem turned out to be the old blocked drain under the battery box problem, but I also cleared out leaves under the scuttle corners too. Don't know why my water went this side, unless other posts were regarding LH drive cars. Mine is RH drive for UK.

It took some months finding as I was lazy and saw no water under the battery tray using a torch. I Should have done it properly first time and stripped it out.

Coincidentally, I also had a coolant leak but this was very slight until recently. New water pump/cambelt and radiator cost me £800 at main dealer. I was told the front rads corrode from the outside on the corners.

boywithapassat
05-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Did this battery drain problem solve the issue? i have a 2002 passat TDI and i have the same water behind the drivers seat too........

it even happens when the car is standing still so I dont think It is comin from under the car........

limecc
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Did this battery drain problem solve the issue? i have a 2002 passat TDI and i have the same water behind the drivers seat too........

it even happens when the car is standing still so I dont think It is comin from under the car........

Yes, check the drain as my car is bone dry now. Be careful when pressing the scuttle into position against the windscreen. It cost me £75 glass excess when I found a crack the following day.