PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys! How do I open my bonnet?

MrsW
16-05-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm new to this site. I bought a Polo Fox 3dr hatch yesterday and went to check the oil today but couldn't find the bonnet release catch. Yes, before you all ask, I am blonde, thanks! I have looked everywhere and have come to the conclusion that VW don't want anyone to look under the hood! But I know it opens as the guy who sold it to me opened it really quickly. grrr...
Any suggestions anyone?... (be polite now!!)...
:Blush2:

shooey88
16-05-2007, 08:07 PM
all vws normally have the bonnet release catch on the drivers side lower piller...under the dash near the door there is a handle u pull

once u pulled that....the bonnet will open slightly....put ur hand under the centre of the bonnet and feel a button u press and lift the hood open.....

good luck :Blush:

i hope you accomplish it yourself and prove all men wrong

MrsW
16-05-2007, 08:19 PM
You're a star! Thanks so much for for your reply. Honestly I'm such a girl when it comes to this sort of thing, and I felt like a right muppet asking such an obvious question! I can usually figure it out bit this just stumped me! I'll go and have a look tomorrow (kids in bed and car down the road!! lol)
Thanks again!

shooey88
16-05-2007, 08:21 PM
let us know how u get on...any problems again n give us a shout :biglaugh:

maybe u can teach me about women in return lol only kidding

RickT
16-05-2007, 10:50 PM
if you have any questions please post..

Also.. do you have the FOX rather than the POLO?

One thing we have not got on the forum is a user review of the little FOX.. so if you have a spare ten minutes i would be intrested to see what you think of her..

Cheers

RicKT

RickT
19-05-2007, 02:29 AM
have you managed to get this sorted?

RicKT

MrsW
19-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Hiya, Sorry for delay in replying! 3 kids, end of SAT's week at school and 4 parties! I am officially shattered! Roll on Half-Term, that's all I can say! Anyway, yep, got the bonnet open, the oil is good, the car is running fine, well all except the kids bitchin about the lack of extra doors and havin to wait to get out of the car!!
I will try to do a little review of the car over the Holiday when I have some spare time (lol!).

Many thanks to you all who have helped, really appreciate it.:biglaugh: