PDA

View Full Version : s line styling

Phantom A5
07-02-2010, 01:13 AM
As i am new t the forum first of all Hi..

Does anyone know if you can fix the S line side skirts to a A5 quattro sport. i believe the new sline have holes cut out in the box section which the clips fix into, obviously the sport doesnt have these holes.

If there any way they can be fixed otherwise...Audi wont fit them as the computer says NO!!

if anyone has done this i would be interested to hear how

Bratty
07-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi P A5 and welcome,
why not order the parts and file or grind off the tangs, then glue them on (using Ariltide Rapide). I know it sounds gash but it will not effect the integrity of your car by drilling holes etc.

Dunk

Phantom A5
07-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks dunk

i did think about using 3m tape or butchering the clips so they could be screwed in instead of cutting out large slots.

i think for 70 quid i may buy a set and have a go on my existing A5 before the new one arrives in April ,which i did want them on

Failing that may see if an independant body shop can do it

I will let you know how i get on.

Dave

Scootmien
08-02-2010, 02:07 PM
As i am new t the forum first of all Hi..

Does anyone know if you can fix the S line side skirts to a A5 quattro sport. i believe the new sline have holes cut out in the box section which the clips fix into, obviously the sport doesnt have these holes.

If there any way they can be fixed otherwise...Audi wont fit them as the computer says NO!!

if anyone has done this i would be interested to hear how

Yes you can. I wasn't originally going to get an S5, I was going to get a A5 Sport instead and I ordered the s-Line side skirts which were going to be dealer fitted. The dealer was adamant this could be done and I even have it on the order form.

As has been mentioned there are two main methods for doing this, using the original clips, or gluing it on. I'm not sure which method the dealer was going to use though to be honest.

Phantom A5
08-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Interesting..

i think i may have a chat with another dealer i was looking at buying from see what they say...

thanks scootmien