PDA

View Full Version : Central locking problem 05 sharan

vwsharan
06-02-2010, 01:57 AM
:1zhelp: Hi , i have a problem with drivers door only central locking. The door locks ok when required, but when open is pressed on the key remote it fails to open unless i press lock/unlock about 3 times. I have replaced the motor part but still no change, the mechanical side of the lock is fine. I have just noticed that sometimes when I press unlock that the motor tries to lock the mechanism, even though it is already in the locked position. I would appreciate any help on the possible causes of this problem.

vwsharan
07-02-2010, 06:26 PM
After changing the electrical mechanism ( a ford part )the problem still remaimed. Having studied the principal of operation it would appear that the mechanical park of the lock is the problem i.e. it does not always return properly to its correct position. The electrical mechanism only functions properly when the white slides are in their correct position, this allows the lock/unlock action to function properly.So if the mechanical part of the lock is occasionally sticking, the appropriate positioning of the electrical (slide) detectors is not correct and causes the system to remain locked or to lock when the unlock on the remote is selected.
I will change the lock mechanism this week and post my findings.