PDA

View Full Version : Random warning lights on V10

V10 Touareg
05-02-2010, 12:04 PM
While I am logged in.....

Since I have had my V10 (2 years and 100K miles) there have been warning lights appearing randomly on the dash. It is generally the brake assist or ante skid light and if I turn the ignition on/off theydisappear. Is this crap German programming or something I should worry about?

Nick

towcestervag
26-02-2010, 08:03 PM
get a diag test done to see what is causing the fault

V10 Touareg
28-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the reply and if I lived near your dealership in Towcester then I would no doubt get a better customer experience than the dealers I have visited in the South/South West.

So while I accept that it needs to be plugged into the diagnostics I would rather have some idea of the issue if other owners have experienced the same thing. This, in my mind, prevents me from being fleeced.

An example of this was two weeks ago when I visited a dealer due to one of my dipped beams going on and off randomly, but mainly going off when it was dry and OK when it was wet. After a brief inspection I was told that they would need the car for a day as the headlight needed replacing (£LOTS !!). So I orderd new new bulbs on Ebay at £60 when the dealer wanted £120+ and hey - ho, problem gone. The summary is that I no longer trust the dealers to tell me the truth - sorry but I am not alone!

towcestervag
28-02-2010, 10:02 PM
i know some dealers are sharks but not all
the headlight can be a pig to remove as the securing screw as a tendancy to seize
if you look in the dealers/independants section they have a list of dealers/indis who are recommended then you wont get fleeced
the Touareg is not the easiest car to work on and can have to have major surgery if anything goes wrong with the drivetrain/engine but enjoy