PDA

View Full Version : Several small issues, but what is the answer?? Heeeelllp!!

lau_jas_uk
04-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi peeps,

I have a 2001 Octavia VRS which is has just completed it's 90,000th mile.

It has started to develop several small niggling problems that I wish to rectify myself instead to taking it to a main dealer and paying stupid prices.

One which is the most annoying is the rear nearside brake rubs at low speeds and around right hand bends. If I lift the handbrake up a little then the squeek / rub noise stops but then I get the warning beep instead :zx11:

The 2nd problem is the drivers side door sense seems to have given up the ghost, which means the interior light does not come on, but that it also does not detect I have opened the door, so locks itself after a short time if I do not start the car. :aargh4:

Where is the sensor and how do I find out if it is that that is causing the fault?

Any help or (polite) suggestions greatly appreciated, I am a Newbie so bear with me :1zhelp:

Cheers, Jason

kenney
04-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Check the guide pins on the caliper, that they move freely,check the disc for an excessive wear ridge the pads can rub on the ridge,when cornering,check the wheel bearing for too much play.
You will probably find a fault with the micro switch in the door lock,if you get a fault code read

lau_jas_uk
04-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi thanks I will have a look, I am not getting any indications of a fault code. Where is the switch for the door?? I know that on other cars there are pressure switches in the door post however it doesnt appear to be there??

Cheers

kenney
04-02-2010, 07:26 PM
the micro switch is in the door lock and it's function can be checked in measured block values,this is the door lock for a Golf,the same function for most VW Audi locks http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1542461