PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Springs & Anti Roll bar upgrade

Greg Kirby
03-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Just thought I'd give some feedback on my recent suspension changes.
I have a 2008 CC 2.0TDi 170 GT and felt that the car’s handling could do with a little 'sharpening up', however I do a lot of miles and was somewhat cautious of making changes that would ruin the ride quality.
After seeing a few press releases (http://www.easier.com/9844-eibach-launch-new-passat-cc-upgrades.html) on the new Eibach Pro-Kit springs and adjustable anti-roll bars and given Eibach reputation for being the ‘thinking mans’ choice of upgrade I took the plunge!
The car now has lovely tight handling, the standard car’s under-steer on fast roundabouts is all but eliminated and the car corners so flat! Fortunately the ride quality has been preserved and my wife remains happy. Perhaps the best quote was from my wife, she said the car felt “far more chuckable”, a perfect summary!:D
Another positive is that the slightly excessive wheel arch gap has been removed due to the modest lowering, mercifully without speed bump issues.
Now when I press the ‘Sport’ button, I have the springs and anti-roll bars to match the firmer damper setting.
I have the anti-roll bars on the firmest position, if that helps!