PDA

View Full Version : A quickie

Tony2
03-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi guys

I usually drive with the digital speedo up on the DIS but everytime i get a call on the phone it changes to the green phone screen thats fine but then when iv finished the call it doesnt go away.............This is so annoying:zx11:

Is this normal

Anthony

Plife
03-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Mine doesn't do that. Few seconds after the call ends the digital speedo re-appears.

Tony2
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Mine doesn't do that. Few seconds after the call ends the digital speedo re-appears.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :zx11::zx11::zx11:

Is yours My10 should mine be doing this aswell

Thanks

Gary_W
03-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I have the same thing, Tony - after a call finishes, the DIS stays on the green 'phonebook' thingy.

My car was built Chrismas 09, and the phone is an iPhone. I'm connecting via bluetooth and don't have a bracket of any kind.

The odd thing is that, once the call has finished, the MMI screen goes back to the iPod playlist just fine but it's just the DIS seems to stay welded on the green phone thing. I always change it back manually. Perhaps I should leave it and see if plife's 'a few seconds' works with mine. It may just be my impatience!

Gary

Tony2
03-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I have the same thing, Tony - after a call finishes, the DIS stays on the green 'phonebook' thingy.

My car was built Chrismas 09, and the phone is an iPhone. I'm connecting via bluetooth and don't have a bracket of any kind.

The odd thing is that, once the call has finished, the MMI screen goes back to the iPod playlist just fine but it's just the DIS seems to stay welded on the green phone thing. I always change it back manually. Perhaps I should leave it and see if plife's 'a few seconds' works with mine. It may just be my impatience!

Gary

Yes this is exactly the same as mine and i have left it for ages before and just now after reading plifes post:p

Its not just impatience:zx11:

Anthony

Plife
04-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :zx11::zx11::zx11:

Is yours My10 should mine be doing this aswell

Thanks

No got mine in Dec 08.

MFGF
04-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Mine's an A6, but does exactly the same a Plife's - the DIS goes automatically back to the original display after a couple of seconds once the call disconnects.

MF.

Tony2
04-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Trip to the dealer for me :(

Gary_W
04-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Trip to the dealer for me :(

Let me know how you get on, then...

Behaviour of mine is as follows:-

My 'default' DIS that I use displays speed in large numbers. If I use the scroll wheel on the steering wheel, it changes the DIS display to the iPod playlist that I'm on. As soon as I've selected another song, the DIS goes back to the speedo which is perfect.

If I manually press the 'mode' button on the wheel, it cycles between playlist, speedo and phone book. It stays put until you manually change it again.

If I make a phonecall via the voice recognition, the DIS changes to phone. It stays on the phonebook for the duration of the call and still stays there forever and ever until I manually change it back again. If I make a call via the 'mode' button followed by manually scrolling through the phone book, it stays on 'phone' mode too. This bit makes sense! And, as you rightly say, if someone calls you then the DIS goes to the phonebook and stays there.

It's actually 2 presses of the 'mode' button to get it back onto the speedo. Which is a bit pants. I mean, when someone calls you, the MMI screen tells you all you need to know - surely you'd want the speedo to stay put???

It didn't actually annoy me until you mentioned it. But now it does :)