PDA

View Full Version : 130 tdi 2002 Alarm going off for no reason.

rjday
16-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi,
I have a problem with the alarm sounding for no reason (usually around midnight). Ive been reading other people problems and I don't seem to have wet carpets although I will lift them later and have a proper look. Over the last few weeks i've had to replace both headlamp bulbs and more recently the electric window driver door stopped working (this turned out to be a broken cable mechanism which I fixed with a bicycle brake cable and now works absolutely fine).
Also occasionally when locking the car the indicators some times don't flash and sometimes do, this is no indication as to wether the alarm will go off or not though.
Could anyone cast any light on this irritating problem,

Cheers

Sam
16-02-2006, 10:33 AM
If it's not water issues, have a look for the microswitch post I made earlier.

It seems a very common problem

rjday
16-02-2006, 02:09 PM
An update, i've had a good root oround in the car and guess what, big soggy puddle under drivers seat. So used the guide (fantastic) to clear out the muck from under battery etc for which there was loads of it, causing all kinds of puddles all over the place in front of the bulkhead, so now all clear and no blockages or puddling any more.

The car is now on the drive engine hot and heater on full heat running at max chat trying to dry things out.

Is this a case of something shorting out making my alarm go off, in which case when dry (fingers crossed) it will be sorted. But if things still aren't working right is there something else I can do? Or is it going to be an overpriced trip to the VW Dealership?

Thanks so far.

Sam
16-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Depending on how long it's sat with water in it determines how bad the problem is.

Unfortunately, if it has been wet for a while you could have rusty wires and connections.

Let it dry out, and if you're feeling brave, pull back the carpet and inspect the CCM for signs of rust.

I've read a few reports of people replacing wires themselves and everything returning to normal, but this is usually on an older Passat. Not sure I'd want to attack my car with a soldering iron!

Glad you're getting it sorted though