PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy light in avant boot

Deviousdavey
02-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here can help me with a small problem. Basically the light in the boot area of my 2001 Avant won't come on when I lift the tailgate up? I can turn the light on manually using the switch in the headlining of the boot area, but on any of the other positions it will not work.

I can't seem to find a pressure switch or anything around the tailgate frame, so am guessing it works from the boot latch?

Any help appreciated with this annoyance

Thanks

Dave:1zhelp:

towcestervag
02-02-2010, 07:52 PM
micro switch in boot latch
usually fill with water when washer operated and hose has come off
check rear washer operation if weak this is the problem
you will need some repair wires when you change the catch as they will be corroded

Deviousdavey
02-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Many thanks for the quick reply........ that'll be a job for the weekend.

Dave:beerchug:

wanstronian
04-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Anyone know whether this will also stop the car locking itself again if you unlock using the fob and only open the boot? Constant source of annoyance to me when I'm loading/unloading!

Also, best place to get a replacement latch?

Deviousdavey
04-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't think that will change anything, as I'm almost certain the owners handbook mentions about the 'auto-lock' feature when you only open the tailgate, but this may be something that a laptop and some Audi software can override?:confused:

towcestervag
04-02-2010, 10:28 PM
no it wont
get genuine catch

olds_kool
04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Anyone know whether this will also stop the car locking itself again if you unlock using the fob and only open the boot? Constant source of annoyance to me when I'm loading/unloading!

Also, best place to get a replacement latch?

yes it will fix it, when you unlock car and only open boot then system doesnt realise its been opened as switch isnt working so it locks the car after 60 secs. thinking you pressed unlock by accident

i locked my keys and dogs in the boot due to the switch being knackered
put keys down dogs jumped in and i shut tailgate, car locked itself just as i realised where my keys where and i had to ring mrs to bring spare keys