PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 PD change 115bhp to 130bhp?

andy1020
01-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi folks,
I have a 2001 alhambra 1.9 PD engine 115bhp version.

I've just bought a caravan and could do with a bit more power.

Whats the different between the 115 and 130bhp versions of this engine. It's the same engine isn't it??! Is it just the ecu that's different?

Could I fit an ecu from a 130bhp, or get the ecu chipped, remapped whatever you want to call it, to the 130bhp version?

I don't want any extra power over that, would ideally love to stick to a vw standard engine setting if possible, ie: normal 130bhp, rather than a fancy (and expensive!) performance remap..

cheers,
Andy.

shark_90
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
The engines are not exactly the same and you cannot plug a 130 ECU into it unfortunately.

Your best, easiest and likely cheapest option is to have the current ECU remapped. We charge £275 for your vehicle and you will gain approximately 35bhp.

Cheers!

andy1020
01-02-2010, 04:18 PM
ok cheers. hoped they were the same..! ah well.

Also, i'm not convinced it's running with the power it used to have. (my wife feels the same, specially uphill or under load)
I think the turbo is ok as you feel it kick in in 1st, 2nd etc. no engine error codes, had it hooked up by local autospark and dealer.

My question - can any of you guys at performance tuning garages with a rolling road detect a possible lack in power when there's no error codes showing?

(I used to work in the motor trade so aware of general engine problems, but i'm out of date and was never an expert on performance tuning... nothing i can see wrong with the engine, oil, gaskets etc all fine)
thanks.

drodders
01-02-2010, 10:14 PM
i have a 03 sharan tdi 115 i had my ecu remapped by my mate as i suffered from the dreaded limp mode quite alot so i researched it & had it mapped.its now something like 146bhp but the torque gain is what i was after which also gave me better mpg from 36-40 round town to 42-46 round town and best of all no limp mode since it was done a year & a half ago...also less gear changes,and the pull from the torque is great & the bhp especially if i have no wife & kids in the car...boy racers dont know where to put there face when they get left behind by a bus...tell you what though dont get it done if your clutch has been well used or worn as the map will kill it had to do mine just before christmas but i new mine would need changing...forgot to say £200 a year & a half ago...

Ern1e
07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
How much did it cost to get the remapping done? We have the same problem with the limp home mode.

drodders
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
first off, does it do it all the time or just on motorways,mine used to do it just pulling on to m/way from slip roads no other times no fault codes so i put it down to my heavy right foot overboosting the turbo,whats your millage if over 100k miles has it had a clutch because if its old or a little bit worn it will kill it...

my map cost me £200 with a months guarentee that if i wasnt happy or didnt see improvment it would be put back the way it was...that was about a year & half ago so probably go up no iv seen offers on here for £250-275 probabey about right but you can pay alot more aswell...hope this helped...